Saturday, March 24, 2012

Teaser.

I think I might try writing something up everyday. Who knows. What I do know is that I don't know how to use this app properly.

What I also know is that our head of English is crazy. The advanced hand out helped for nothing. And the ext1 stimulus is a bit dodgy, but I'll manage.

At any rate, I was doing Chem past paper when I realized;

I. Know. Nothing.

Really.

I would drop if it not for the fact that my mum got me tutoring just so I would feel guilty and not want to drop.

It's working.

Because I can't drop, but I want to, and I hate it, my marks suck and I don't work at it. I haven't even made notes and my exam is on wednesday. Everything else I'm so prepared for. Except maths. I'm never prepared for maths.

But chem, I have resigned myself to failure for chem.

Even though I like those chem jokes and titration pracs.

But I hate chem. I'm doing 13 units, I wanna just drop it and get a crappy ATAR. Whatever. Instead of not studying and feeling bad and not caring at the same time.

Speaking of not studying, the count for people who asked if me and ML are siblings have gone up to 6. Which is cool. These things happen.

It's hilarious though.

At any rate, researching for ext2 made me come across this interesting question which I will leave you, my dear readers, if I had any, with.

Let's say you're traveling the ocean on an old style sailing boat, with only wood and sails and rope.

Now imagine a part of the ship is damaged. So you replace that one plank of wood with another.

Is it still the same ship?

If it isn't, why?

If it is, let's say you kept on your journey. As you travel, each plank, rope and sail is replaced.

Is it still the same ship?

If it isn't, at what point does it change from being the old ship to the new one?

And how much of a thing is based on what it's called and what shape it is as opposed to what it's made of?

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. hey i read that theory when researching for extension 2, but it was a car. philosophy, yay.

    ReplyDelete