Thursday, November 1, 2012

Legal Studies cram!

HSC paper for legal is tommorrow!

And all I can think about is the DOCTOR WHO MUSICAL MH told me about on youtube.

Haha.

Actually, that's a lie. I'm thinking alot about legal and justice and all that jazz.

Legal kids, have you prepped your current issues for human rights yet?

I think I've got mine mostly down, since I researched quite a bit about it when I did that speech for YOTY rotary.

Watching this documentary about human trafficking.

Really, these people disgust me. Don't they realise, the millions of dollars they make are made off other people's suffering? How can they live with themselves?

And worse, most of the time women go and tell other women to come. If you can't trust a supposedly nice young lady of the same nationality as you, telling you to come to Australia/UK/USA for a nice au pair job, who are you supposed to trust?

They're exploiting them!

There was this section where they filmed the police during the break-in of one of the ring leaders of the human-trafficking in London, and there was this woman found sleeping on the sofa.

They were unsure about whether she was an accomplice or a victim.

And my mum was like "I hope she's a victim, because I think it's sadder if she's an accomplice."

She was an accomplice.

It's kind of sad really. To think that even females are willing to sell each other.

I mean, I know i'm kind of a femminist (can hear everyone saying kinda??) but it's like, I shouldn't expect women to be like that? Right? I don't know what I'm saying. I guess in a way I expect women to be better than men. Especially in something like the illegal human trafficking industry, where 98% involves sexual oppression. You'd think that, as a fellow woman, you wouldn't be able to stand seeing a girl treated that way. I mean, guys too, but women more so. Because only a girl could completely sympathesise. A guy can't. Not completely. But as girl, you should be able to completely understand her pain, her humilation, her fear.

So I just find it even worse when a woman is involved in human trafficking rings. So much worse.

A horrifying statistic is that there are more people in the illegal human trafficking scheme today than there was in the height of the slave trade.

...

I was talking about this with my dad, going on my usual equity rants (so far he had to put up with my desires for going to Africa as a volunteer and my rant on feminism. woof that one was long, because he fought back haha) and he just looked at me and was like "I'm glad, sounds like you're ready for your legal essay."

And i was like "no, not really."

Legal.

I'm not at all ready for Family section.

(sorry for the heavy rant guys.)

----

Nano! So excited! Thanks to RL and WL who made comments on it haha. I don't know how the quality will turn out, seeing as I'm just going to pour everything out of my head as fast as possible. I need to write about 1500 words a day, so entirely achievable. Especially if i write it on paper at work and then just furiously type things up when i get home haha.

I still have no idea how to use the word count.

BUT I'M EXCITED!

I've been telling literally everyone I meet that i'm doing nano. Then I have to explain what it is.

So the conversation is like

Random: HSC is nearly over for you right?
Alysha: YEAH! I'M SO LUCKY
R: Well what do you plan to do after??
A: WORK!
R: lol besides getting a job
A: NANO!
R: what's that?
A: NaNoWriMo.
R: What?
A: National Novel Writing in a Month
R: Cool. How many words?
A: 50k
R: 50K?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
A: yup
R: That's a lot! (now that i think about it, it is a lot isn't it? lol)
A: Yeah but it'll be fun!
R: You're crazy
A: Yup!

ok back to legal studies guys!

have a doctor who meme

yet for some reason, all these aliens are like "OHMIGERD YOU BELONG IN A MUSEUM YOU ANTIQUE YOU!"

BYE

3 comments:

  1. Your nanowrimo will be crap. Don't worry, that is normal. In fact, if it's not, perhaps you are a prodigy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If i could only like comments. I laughed so hard at this.

      Delete
  2. ^renee speaks the truth. Back when they were accepting ext2 applications and they wanted a 500 word sample, I thought "20000 word nanowrimo provides 40 possible extracts". Then I went to find something from my nanowrimo, and then it was so bad that I lost all faith in my writing ability and decided to do a short film instead.

    true story.

    ReplyDelete