Tuesday, November 13, 2012

James Ruse formal

As I wipe away the black from my eyes that my fairy godmother my sister put in for me today, I feel somewhat like Cinderella after midnight. Except of course, I got home at about 12:45. But that is irrelevant.

My feet kill, and I could barely walk by the end of the extra 500m up hill I had to trek to get to where my dad parked the car.

My shoes are dirty, my dress is slightly ripped, and there is so much hair spray and bobby pins up in my hair when I take everything out, it ends up as super stuff, tight curls that I have to pull apart.

I wonder if Cinderella hurt this much after her ball. I suppose the dancing waltz in glass slippers would kill more than ordinary stilettos. Still, even without dancing (much) it hurts.

And Cinderella had to run home! The poor thing. She lived so far away from the castle as well. Thank goodness for cars.

I don't know why I am saying this cinderella business. Perhaps it's because I felt like a different but the same person in some ways? I don't make sense. It's the magic of make up I assume. Probably because I never use it, when people put it on for me I'm like whut is that person me? Haha.

Also probably because for the first time I felt I was actually beautiful.

Oh wow I can't believe I wrote that.

It's so superficial and all.

But the fact that I can now say yes to those blog surveys that ask "have you ever been told you look beautiful by a complete stranger?" is depressingly gratifying.

In a very badly non-feminist way.

I think that, sometimes, I'm not very feminist at all. Probably just things about workplace and education. In other words, in regards to human rights. Everything else is dictated by culture. But you shouldn't be limited to that if you don't want to... Am I making sense? I guess that, since im choosing to behave in this manner, I'm independent, and thus not oppressed by males, and thus free to embrace radical feminism as i wish, but not?

I should talk to David lol.

---

Back to formal, it was really fun :) so different from baulko though. Baulko is a bit more wild lol. But the venue is gorgeous. I wish I could have taken a night view of it, but I only had my iPhone and we couldn't go outside.

The food was... Mediocre. Lol. But maybe I had the crappier menu :p

I got a balloon to take home :D it's currently floating above my bed :)

I'm so tired, I have work tomorrow and everything.

Today made me pumped for baulko formal.

My mind keeps jumping from thing to thing.

I should buy bracelets for Kevin for Christmas :D

My nano is going crap. I have no time. I'll have to cram it when I finish working, or else ill never finish :(

One more thing.

Hey Shelley :) You were obvs the highlight of my night ;D Thanks for your kind words about this rantyness :p although that actually goes for all my readers haha, few as you are :)

I'm so tired.

I'm getting a new laptop soon! I'll photograph it's arrival.

I'll edit this post and add pictures in tomorrow. I want to sleep now.

Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment