Saturday, October 27, 2012

Iced Coffee, and The Hulk.

I'm feeling the sad, sad truth about living with my parents.

I will never be able to have the perfect cup of coffee at home.

Reading all these coffee-lover blog posts, I realise (and I knew this before) I can't get a good coffee without a machine. It just doesn't work.

What I really need to try is the perfect ice coffee recipe.

Did you know there are two main ways of making ice coffee? Cold brew verses hot brew.

The hot brew (and more common) version is to simply brew normal hot coffee, let it cool, and then pour it over ice.

Cold brew is where you take cold water and soak the coffee powder in it, then slowly drain the coffee water away from the dregs, the refridgerate. It's a long process but it makes (supposedly) the best ice coffee.


I really really really want to try this, but there's no way its achievable with my family.

We don't have the fridge space lol. Also, my mum hates coffee.

Also, it turns out it's not just me who likes to use condensed milk in home made coffees. I managed to get coffee powder (not the instant stuff, the good stuff) by myself, but it's just not the same as freshly ground and brewed.

It's lacking that depth.

I really really really need to get a machine.

I told my mum when I move out I'm getting a coffee machine, and she gave her usual "coffee is evil - do you want to look like your 65 when your only 40?" rant, and i told i her don't care, i like coffee.

Then she told me she'll come over to my house and destroy my machines.

I nearly cried.

Not really. But I would if I had them and she did destroy it. Do you know how expensive coffee machines are? But I guess they would save you money if you bought coffee everyday. That's like $42 a week.

---

My brother is surprisingly aggressive now. It has increased considerably over such a short period of time. Before, when he was angry he'd just throw glares at you. Now, he'll actually come up and try and hit me. Maybe it's cause he's started to take kung fu, but it actually hurts a bit when the punches land.

I dunno. Maybe it's puberty.

He told me I should learn Kung Fu so I can defend myself in case he gets angry and looses it. I told him just to control himself and I wouldn't have to worry about it.

Kinda sounds like a conversation with the Hulk or something.

haha.

Did you have any drastic emotional changes when you went through puberty? I remember I cried all the time, for absolutely no reason. Once I cried when my mum said we were having dessert, and I didn't know why. She will never let me forget that.

---


 I saw this on the internet, and I laughed so hard. It would be such a brilliant compliment in real life, but it'd be super bad to write it on a facebook photo post.

Can you imagine? It'd be kinda like... bad


oh the chaos.

---

Nano! I'm so excited. I was talking to my mum's friend who is an editor/column writer/Josh's english tutor and told her I was doing nano and she was like COOOOOL! And I was like I know! And then she was like "Is it for school?" and i was like "no, just wanted to do it." and she was like "ok. *weird face* You're doing it with friends though?" And I was like "yup"

So guys, you need to nano with me, and we can word battle and such. It will be fun! :D

Also I don't have any nano friends on my author profile, which is sad lol.

Probably because i don't know how to add anyone. :p

---

Anyway, here's a meme.

I just realised, my blog is quite image heavy. I apologise for those slow internets out there.

bye guys!

1 comment:

  1. omgomg espresso coffee machines so much better than normal coffee - my dad appropriated one from his workplace lol

    post your nanowrimo username!

    ReplyDelete