Monday, October 29, 2012

Memory lane

We found a bunch of our old home videos the other day, ones from when I was just a baby and older, like 6 and so.

They made me think about when I was much. much younger. and all these werid random memories i have of when I was just a kid. Isn't it weird how some things can really stand out and others just sort of fade into history? There are some moments I can recall with total clarity and and others I can't remember at all, even when people tell me about it. I'm just like "no, I swear that never happenned to me, you must have the wrong person."

Surprisingly there were some moments that no one in our family had seen before, because we left the camera on the tripod and were doing other things. Like there was this video where my brother was just a baby, and he was trying to break out. My mum catches him, and she pushes the fence back in place and moves a chair on wheels to secure it. Suddenly, the keyboard on the chair falls and the keys come off, so she rushes over to pick it up. And then my brother, while she's picking the keys and putting them back together, pushes the chair and pulls the gate. He then looks at my mum, makes a noise, and realises she isn't turning around. He squeezes past the gate and makes a run for freedom. Luckily my mum notices and jumps the fence, grabs him and then stands in front of the gate for the rest of the day.

My brother is really cheeky.

There also was this video of my kindy christmas performance. I distinctly recall i was asked by my teacher to play Mary, so I was the only kid in the grade to get a solo.

I think I got the performing bug since then :p

But it was a really big moment, when she asked me. I still remember it haha.

Do you guys have any significant moments from your childhood you can really distinctly remember? Most of mine are weird moments, like when i was 4 and i told my mum i really liked celery when i saw it at the shops, so she bought it for me and i hated it. haha.
---

We got a bunch of vinyl records the other day, and my dad bought a vinyl/cassette to mp3 convertor online for $100. It's really cool, we've been playing the records all day. :) Currently my sister is in love with Andy Williams. I have to say, his voice is super seductive. The lyrics are all really beautiful :)You might have heard of him anyway. Moon River is his most famous song, but i personally love "It might as well be spring." But i can't find it on the internet at all.

Which is slightly annoying.

So I can only link Moon River, which is nice, but "It might as well be spring" is beautiful.

Hrm I can find another version though. But his version is the best.

(just searched youtube and couldn't find another male singer version. Female version is nice, but it doesn't have the same 'melt' atmosphere. There is this modern jazz version i found here, which is almost as good, in a completely different way. It starts at about 1 minute in.)


I think i love the lyrics the most.

We actually went out and bought his "greatest all times hits" at JB on sunday when we went shopping, just because it was on sale. We were listening to it in the car.


Listening to them, I really kind of wish I was born in the 1950s, so I could be a teen in the 1960s. :)

I was born in the wrong generation.

Then I could be one of those crazy 60's rockers in the a-line dresses doing crazy twist dances like in those Cliff Richard and Elvis movies I watched as a kid.


---

RL said she doubted anyone would do it, so I did it just because :p

The Cans:
Can you blow a bubble? - Yuo

Can you do a cart wheel? - Yes, I used to do cartwheels all the time at primary school. I can also do a one handed one. And a round off lol.

Can you touch your toes? - Yes, just.
Can you whistle? - Yes! I love songs with whistling, it just makes it that much cooler.

Can you wiggle your ears? - No, i think people who can are awesome though. Haha i read in this book when i was a kid that only red head could wiggle their ears. Or a greater percentage of red heads can wiggle their ears, i forget

Can you wiggle your nose? - Nope. I wish i could! Then i can pretend to be the chick from bewitched.
Can you roll your tongue? - Yes

Can you do the splits?  - That was always something that alluded me. Annoyingly. 



The Dids:
Did you ever want to be a doctor? - Actually no. Even though my dad is one, and everyone wants to do what their parents do. I never wanted to do what my parents do. Although my Grandpa bought me a bib when i was a baby that said "future doctor" on it. HAHAHAHA HOW ASIAN IS THAT????? I saw it on the baby videos and i laughed so hard.

 
Did you ever want to be a fire fighter? - Nope. Although I agree, if i was a boy, i might have seen the attraction of it. But i always like fire, even as a kid. I'm a bit of a pyro. I liked to steal matches and light them in the bathroom with the fan on, cause fire is pretty. (I actually have a box of matches on my study table.)



The Dos:
Do you believe in God?  - Yes
Do you know how to swim? - Yeah, I did squad when i was younger, and i finished Bronze medallion when we did survival swim course.

Do you like roller coasters? - Love them. Whenever we go to parks, i make a point of riding all the rollercoasters more than once. I think me and my sister spent a whole day at the scoobydoo one RL. We went on it like 15 times in a row.

Do you own a bike? – Yes, although i don't ride it much. haha.

Do you like fried rice? – I think it's not really asian if you don't. Although what i noticed at multicultural food fair in history in year 10, was that all families eat different kinds of fried rice. They all do it differently.

Do you think you could be on those reality shows? – Probably. People have commented that my family would be a good sitcom family, seeing as we're all crazy.



The Does?
Does hair loss run through your family? - Nope

Does your car get good gas mileage? - No idea.

Does your family have family picnics? – I'm jelly RL. We don't really go out of the house much haha

Have you ever been to the ocean? - Yes, it's Australia! My family used to have the annual trip down to Jervis Bay.

Have you ever gone skinny dipping? – No, but i think it'd be kinda fun to do it at night alone in some random river in a woodsy place. I'd feel like a naiad.

Have you ever gone fishing? - Yes.  I caught a flathead, and my mum made soup from it. My dad caught a puffer fish haha

 

The Whats:
What is the temperature outside? – Google says it's 19 degrees
What was the last restaurant you ate at? – Had lunch at the North and South thing in Village.

What was the last thing you bought? – Erm I think it was a teddy for my baby cousin.

What was the last thing you had to drink? - Ice coffee from gloria jeans

What was the last thing you watched? - Youtube video?



Look At Me:
What is your current hair color?- Dark Brown. Sorry RL!

Currently Wearing: Skirt, shirt, waistcoat.

What color of shirt are you wearing? - white


Pants? – Black polka dot skirt with an empire waist height.


Shoes? - Slippers, i'm at home.


Necklaces? – This weird heart thing i opshopped in baulko vinnies

The Last:
Person you talked to in person? – My mum

Do you have mental breakdowns? – Erm, I don't know what to qualify as a break down, but i do get nervous and panicky before something major.
Do you like surveys? - Yes. lol.

Do you think any of your friends will fill this out? – Nope

 

Appearance:
Are you shorter than 5’4? - I think I'm 5'3.

Do you have many scars? - Quite a few.

Do you wish your hair was a different colour? – Sometimes, I wish my hair was auburn. But naturally. But that won't happen. :(

Have/had you had braces? - Nope, but i get told I can get it if i want. I qualify in other words.

Do you wear glasses/contacts? Nope.

Have you been told your attractive by a complete stranger? – Yeah, this drunk guy hit on me on the train. He didn't back off even when i told him i was sixteen. Then another time this like no joke, i swear he looked like 12, kid at parra station was talking to some guys i was with asking whos gf i was because i was "bangable" or whatever.

No good experiences with that lol. 



---
Ok.

Bye guys!

Good luck for 3u tomorrow (if you do it)

Oh DM, my nano is just alyshamah. Also, i'm super jealous of your coffee machine! We should totally have a write in at your house and i can use it :p

November begins in two days!

2 comments:

  1. my dad bought nescafe coffee capsules today even though we don't have a machine. I don't think he knows how coffee works haha

    also with music from that era, the best will always be nat king cole, he's got so much class http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvYcVJXc0Rk

    billie holiday is also really good. Wow, I sound like such an old man now :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, you know how my drama monologue came from songs for nobodies? The other singer i wanted to do was billie holiday, but i felt that i wouldn't be able to cover it properly haha.

      YES I HAVE A NAT KING COLE VINYL AS WELL, THAT GUY IS AWESOME. (We've got his Christmas album, it's like a tradition to listen to it every year whilst opening presents. Been doing it since 3 lol)

      Delete